In the amazing country, Nepal, I am working as a volunteer in a public school. The name of the school is Maha Laxmi Lower Secondary School and is located in Nakipot, Lalitpur.
Nepal is one of the poorest countries in the world. Many children in Nepal do not have the luxury of a balanced diet and access to healthy, nutritious food.
Public schools do not have sufficient funds themselves to do anything out of the box. And this is exactly what we are doing now.
We are creating an organic school garden with the use of permaculture principles.
The main goals of the project are:
- To have access to healthy, nutritious, organic food
- To have a self-dependent and sustainable organic school garden
- To include practical learning into the school curriculum
For the next phases and coming activities we need your financial support.
- Trees, plants, bamboo, compost and other garden materials.
For this we need $ 400
- Teaching material for the kids to learn about organic gardening and permaculture.
For this we need $ 500
If we raise more than this we will invest in trees and plants for our nursery that we will donate to the community surrounding the school.
Thank you so much for your consideration.